The forest seemed to die, all life disappeared,
Suddenly cold like the cliffs of Everest.
Everything was in hiding, hiding from the prowling beast.
The deafening sound of silence pounding through everyone’s heads
Sharp pearl whites looking to pierce through flesh,
Eyes searching, searching for a victim
Tearing through dark green bushes,
Through trees overgrown with moss, and vines, and more moss.
It was hungry, it was thirsty
Hungry and thirsty for blood
A gap in the trees, a little girl,
Perhaps it wouldn’t go hungry tonight.
The little girl’s heart was drumming,
like the opening moments of an African Dance Festival.
There was nowhere to hide, nowhere to run
Away, away from the forest she sprinted
Out of the woods,
There it came.
Out of the woods,
It pounced.
~ by Nick
This poem was written late at night, which inspired my dark forest scene. I felt a horror scene would be the best and easiest way to describe the dark night sky, rather than a poem on say, the stars. I tried to use imagery in my second line in the poem, I was hoping to give readers a chill with that line. I used words such as drumming and pounding, and then I mentioned an African Dance Festival, which I wrote to try make readers' hearts pound. In my last paragraph I used repetition to maximize effect. The poem overall was to show the fear a young girl felt as she gazed at the werewolf.
No comments:
Post a Comment